[wakaama-dev] object instances management

Hi,
 I have some remarks about the object instances management.
Wakaama need to know the list of instances Id of an object, this information is stored in lwm2m_object_t as a linked list. This is a problem for my Lua binding because objects and instances are stored in a lua table. So each time I add or remove an instance, I need to modify the C linked list. This mean Lua table should know C lua_object.c.
  Maybe we could replace the field :

lwm2m_list_t *           instanceList;

  by :

lwm2m_instanceList_callback_t    instanceListFunc;
typedef lwm2m_list_t * (*lwm2m_instanceList_callback_t) (lwm2m_object_t * objectP);

and optionally :

lwm2m_instanceListSize_callback_t    instanceListSizeFunc;
typedef int (*lwm2m_instanceListSize_callback_t) (lwm2m_object_t * objectP);

lwm2m_isInstanceExist_callback_t    isInstanceExistFunc;
typedef bool (*lwm2m_isInstanceExist_callback_t) (lwm2m_object_t * objectP, uint16_t instanceId);

In this case, my code could be more dynamic because each time wakaama need to know something about instances I can read it directly in lua table instead of maintaining the C linked list.

Simon

Back to the top