[vorto-dev] GSoC 2016

Hi

My name is Shiv. I had submitted a proposal to create a web-based tool to create Information Models. The proposal can be found here. The proposal has been accepted and I will be working on it during the summers.

As mentioned in my proposal, I would start my background preparation work by working on the following things:
  1. Understand the DSL and the grammar being used for Information models and read how to implement these as a web editor.
  2. Understand how the code is being generated for the InformationModel whenever a FunctionBlock is added. I was not able to follow the code after the save() method is called in org.eclipse.vorto.core.model.AbstractModelProject. I would want to leverage this to generate code on the web browser tool as well.
I will also start working on some issues / enhancements to get a better idea of the code base. It would be really helpful if I can be pointed out some relevant issues.

Thanks
Shiv

Back to the top