Re: [volttron-dev] Logging level
  • From: "Allwardt, Craig H" <Craig.Allwardt@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 20:55:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=pnnl.gov; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=pnnl.gov; dkim=pass header.d=pnnl.gov; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=Mt1f4KzzN4AhhXauTlfXGhckGoazCoZVeCJjaZNkMb4=; b=XdowcmEdqUgul0iZoLhVx/QUzZYo3rXS1fA2GZWE4e5bJlY+4H/qi5kr6eI/ys6he5hG1ojnIGr88fkaLMyYv2w1bcdC94hHwBQ2uMb+rzE6hPk+1E/TVX9bjsnXxHgm26JoQiZ0CR1vfG1TQbgWRtnOn7GAsOUy7TJ3gZpVh8nxetBl/n2iHGAVpLP639OUgdGoYLKJayfMAwO7mW0zcgr/BtuVswTxZaXrDnCmsPbKD5s2OyZoRvaa34Ugt3UWzyfXlHeqCyYCdooBFENYAmEg+KN5iaQ2wW2EvvFs/M5bTD4sm9oN4vnBOkVoBKnSlnNod+/5fmx5grPpgYH6Mg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=bDOQ2zNqpwKWyTuAt68eUZaOO+2KVxeS183XL1oN1UbQcVhuGhtOlBkf1LEYSIE+jBbD5bwaBswLNQRc8sWJ3G6ozNwqO/JxyfoLgmMEOXyNdZ4yVoJWOfV9TkZL3vkvnPc/AAXlLUyJ7mQ8+xdll0kVAisxGskrJyyGT/9O/5uv/Ur1FlAF7DZHcMTZtv8V3cnavV96eNfZD0H9AQHUTvmLng+x+Clr0pHhSQY74gJcPjd2AW8RJr2W6OvFMaeIREaKozGavoUuX/lKhNi3aYwdPgc8skkjMbO5FjksddEIr1uMUOOSKYigobl2tznpSqXcCIlSQCjQSzprZPmXpA==

One other note…

I wouldn’t be opposed to having a “TRACE” that is even lower than DEBUG that we could use for tracing paths during debug.  Adding an additional unconventional logging level is not unheard of but it would mean having a non-standard wrapper around the logging library.  Not unheard-of and doable without much fuss.

Anyways I welcome feedback!