Re: [virgo-dev] Best practices for deploying to a remote virgo instance

I suggest you ask this on the Virgo community forum as that's where most users hang out and you'll be able to compare notes with more people there.

There is some info in the User Guide about configuring a Virgo repository to use a directory in Maven layout. The only experience we've had of that is a bit negative - if you include a large number of Spring's optional dependencies in such a repository, Virgo tries to download and install them all.

But your requirement sounds a bit different as it requires automatic deployment to Virgo when one of your bundles changes. You could adopt the pull approach by placing your bundles in a watched repository and installing them using the deployer mbean and the repository: URL scheme. Clearly you could automate some of this with p2, but only for installing bundles into the kernel as p2 will only do initial provisioning of user region bundles.

Regards,
Glyn