Re: [virgo-dev] Start level in Virgo?

Perhaps you could start your service bundles using the initialArtifacts property so that their services are all available by the time applications are deployed. That's the usual way we get infrastructure such as the Spring DM extender and web support available before applications are deployed. See [1] for details.

If so, you should put your bundles in repository/usr. Then you could either reference the bundles in the initialArtifacts property or, probably more maintainably, you could create a plan referring to the bundles, store the plan in repository/usr, and reference the plan from initialArtifacts.

Glyn
[1] http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/virgo-documentation-2.1.0.RELEASE/docs/virgo-user-guide/htmlsingle/virgo-user-guide.html#configuring-kernel