[virgo-dev] snaps subproject

To those interested in snaps

Since SpringSource cannot fit snaps high in its list of development priorities for Virgo, it may make sense to treat it as a subproject of Virgo and start to promote its contributors into committers. Unfortunately, I *think* a project like Virgo with a code repo cannot have a subproject with a code repo under Eclipse rules, although we should probably check that, so what we could do is to promote the relevant contributors to committer status in Virgo but have a gentleperson's [1] agreement that they restrict their commits to snaps.

If we had a proper subproject, then snaps would get a separate classification in bugzilla and would have its own web site. Plus there may be additional freedom in releasing independently of Virgo.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Glyn

Back to the top