Re: [viatra-dev] Using VIATRA in AADL model transformation
  • From: Zoltán Ujhelyi <zoltan.ujhelyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 09:43:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=incquerylabs.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=incquerylabs.com; dkim=pass header.d=incquerylabs.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=bzCSRVsRiPpYQqQRw85kZFmzunV6/o1MFlkRXPgCY5E=; b=FnpZvBO9AUTQxqIHRWSiQzpkIJF2p4yebpWlQpDaa5TmN8lge+iHia7Jr+5q0sAC3f45NjKV7mZ9tsDPTWdmE8SYtDROdzQfOlpgNF1L7lkWhyC0yxi7Dhj4oaxDIG8HHHhhl5GShkyoU3HfM1Uie0hWghZcyE6belhzIOj9i60uuX38el1uR0MRbEOsBRcvDFbdSkpL05jYDtNKCo5i4uK2auNE5j7Xkdb82MOzp5aMpoBWZWxSTNNGw5jm+5Pxo2b5FjtaWz65sWaeGzbIPxxgkzzphCze5TVd9v0Mhs+lo8PPyNvNObXnkxOQa0MJkBthPmPIe+bLfMda/VHZQg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=IqWwh6RntejdWwz/zTTl32KdZMs4+rvD0VcGtN/cKCuohopFlM9fPtQZ/lBXZd9QLhV+cVXbvdJuul2MkRHCzwP8LKxhmb6wXrgGmZqggW61RpmtYlcs/4Ue3tqaN3lsNpTt6rUSpcXDK+ovp+ozaRW59xZFeNymqMocyqBINQME4e0L3TyQYP0Omkkbm66K2a5sQWX8ZP9Uayu5Yoi0VxStnIf2Brfny3Su2cnyD9KRSIuYT3gQ1ZXbxlyLnp8CsEKRHd5VIOIb1+izom6CdS5ImrlmtvhgzJfO4Xy/zSxmxHEJamz4gzEnqMC69/wjvs3vGGeCTnjTtbr2bL4CgQ==

Dear Hana,

first of all, sorry for not answering your direct email with the same topic, but I was out of office last week and I am a bit swamped with my tasks. In general, we recommend the Eclipse Forum for support questions, as this mailing list focuses more on the development of VIATRA, while private emails might get postponed a bit.

—

Thanks for your kind words about VIATRA, it is nice to hear about it. I did not have time so far to have a deeper look at the transformation and the solution itself (and I’m afraid I will not have the time to do so this week), but in general, our experience with large memory usage is that there are one or more patterns that represent a model structure that cannot be calculated without enumerating a cartesian product. Some things you could check:

 1. Do you have any patterns that the VQL editor reports warnings for? These warnings find a lot of these cases that are problematic for memory usage.
 2. If you don’t, you could try to use the QueryPerformanceTest implementation [1] to figure out which of the patterns have larger memory usage. If we know which pattern is problematic, it is usually easier to figure out what the issue is and how it could be rewritten to be better.

Hope this was helpful,
Zoltán

Zoltán Ujhelyi PhD | Research Expert

e: zoltan.ujhelyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx