Re: [viatra-dev] Change in default behavior of Rete engine regarding dangling edges between 1.5.3 and 1.6.0

On the 23rd March we decided we should not change it: https://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA/DeveloperMeetingMinutes/Meeting20170323

This seems like a regression to me, especially considering the New and noteworthy also states the default semantics is the backwards compatible one: "For backward compatibility, the old behavior is used by default, but you can manually change this using the corresponding base index option as below. For new code we suggest to use this option to drop the dangling-free assumption, as it provides more consistent and intuitive results in a lot of cases; in a future VIATRA release this will be the new default.”

Zoli
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi

Eclipse Technologies Expert
IncQueryLabs Ltd.