[upr-dev] Release Planning

Hello everyone,

We want to set up a release plan for the first version of UPR an incubating project. A release plan is mandatory for a release. Version number 0.9 should be appropriate, since we are incubating, but have stable profiles.

The current plan is to have code freeze and Milestone 1 in June. This leaves enough time to bring new/further profiles through the IP process. After M1 we would only do testing.

In August we provide a Release Candidate 1 (RC 1) if no major bugs are left. If critical bugs are still known, we release an M2 and the schedule has to be stretched.

In September we release an RC 2 if there are no known bugs. If in the time till the release no new bugs are found, this will be the 0.9 release.

In October we provide the release.

If you have problems, doubts or objections to the release planning as proposed above, we can discuss it over the mailing list. During the next days I will put the plan on the UPR homepage. We can still change the plan afterwards, if we agree on a different plan later on.

Best regards,

Max

Dipl. Inf. Max Bureck

Researcher

Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems

SQC – System Quality Center

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31, D-10589 Berlin

Tel     +49 (0)30 3463 xxx

E-Mail max.mustermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/en/sqc/

We warmly invite you to visit us from February 25 to 27, 2014 at the embedded world 2014 in hall 5, stand 250.

Visit us at one of our next events: to event calendar.

Back to the top