Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] Prefer proper horizontal ellipsis (U+2026) over three dots in "Menu Item..."?

Automatic replacement of *arbitrary* strings is probably not good, but the operating systems specify the use of one or the other in particular at the end of menu items that require further input. To the best of my knowledge there are no language specific exceptions to this rule, so the risk of confusion is very low.

McQ.

> I also follow the argument that automatic replacement it not a good approach.
> If we decide that start using this sign, we can start to adjust our
> menus manually on a best effort basis.
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:05 AM, Daniel Megert
> <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Good points. It might also not be feasible to know the exact meaning of
> > three dots at the end of a string. In addition the ellipses can have
> > different meanings in different languages:
> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?

Back to the top