[udig-dev] Mirrored grid - and improvements hints

While studying GeoTools I tried to develop a custom grid creation script for the JGrassTool framework.
The idea was to provide a polygon shapefile  (EPSG:4326) to constrain the creation of the grid.

The result displays the same wreid problems of "mirroring" experienced using the "GridGenerator" (or "GridCreator" ) module of JGrassTools

..but this is half of the point.

the other is performance.
It takes 2 minutes to compute a 1.0 degrees grid using a shape file containing just one feature (Italy).

Can any one give me suggestions on how to improve the code? (It is based on the jgt-dev-example from JGrassTools 0.7.1)

thanks
Marco
Immagine in linea 4Immagine in linea 3