Re: [udig-devel] win64 Quickstart test results

And here are my fixes (Frank is kindly testing on IRC).
- links to natural earth individual data downloads are broken. Fix should be to link once to the website
Did not fix this one yet :(
- DnD of TIF file did not work, file was added to the catalog but a new layer was not created
Did not fix this one yet :(
- Adding the new layer from the catalog resulted in the file being displayed with the following warning  "Coordinate Reference System of data is unknown. Unexpected behaviour may result if not set."
Fixed! The grid coverage reader for world image was no longer returning the constant DefaultEngineeringCRS.GENERIC_2D  - so I had to replace it with an instance DefaultEngineeringCRS check.

Now WorldImage is correctly reporting that it does not know the CRS, while GeoTiff can read the information out of the header and always be selected.

Optimisation: I also fixed an issue when generating URL -> Params -> IService that was resulting in 4 grid coverage readers being produced (and evaualted) rather than the expected 2.

So adding a raster should go faster now.
- Creating a new map, and then adding "dm solutions" WMS layers to it .. resulted in all the layers showing up with warnings. Turns out the bounds of the new map are zero - hitting "show extent" fixed it.
Problem is still live … adding a single layer works. Because we are adding 3 at once it does not work, as the map interceptor only wants to fire for the "1st" layer - and near as it can tell we are starting at 3.

Bonus "fix" for stability.

During the last year I put a safety check in to catch service.getInfo() requests made from the display thread and throw an illegal state exception. This was to catch developers accidentally "freezing" the UI which frustrates users.

I softened the check to only throw an exception when Platform.isDevelopment returns true.  (Note this check was the initial reason Frank's export map wizard was failing, since the wizard was exporting the map from the display thread rather than a job).

Jody

Back to the top