[udig-devel] ImageMosaic not working in uDig

Hi guy, asking for some insight here.

We used to have a tool to create imagemosaic shapefiles for tiff and
imagery. I had to remove it time ago because it was not working
properly due to some dependency problems.

Since I would have loved to get it back for 1.4.0 I gave a look at the problem.

First it breaks because of a ClassNotFound for junit TestCase. That
was absurdly strange and I could not find any place in the ImageMosaic
code in which TestCase would be referenced.

Once I add a junit jar to the classpath, it complains about a missing
LogFactory from the commons logging.
At least that one seems to be a dependency:

[INFO] +- org.geotools:gt-imagemosaic:jar:9.0-M0:compile
[...]
[INFO] |  +- commons-beanutils:commons-beanutils:jar:1.7.0:compile
[INFO] |  |  \- commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.3:compile

which we do not have in the uDig libs.

I am a bit puzzled about this and would need advice from the geotools
gurus before I open a ticket on geotools and it is maybe not a
problem.
It would be really good to have a tool to create ImageMosaics, so if
anyone has ideas, please speak up.

Thanks,
Andrea

Back to the top