Re: [udig-devel] Geotiff files

Hi Juho,

> Yes i mean't internal overviews.
>
> Here is gdal commands what i've been use. First i will create translate.
>
> gdal_translate -of Gtiff -co tiled=yes -co compress=lzw -co predictor=2 -outsize 80% 80% abc.tif translated.tif
>
> then i'll use gdaladdo.
>
> gdaladdo -r nearest --config TILED YES translated.tif 2 4 8 16
>
> These two commands has been working well for my previously actions.
> I just wondering that is there some kind of limit for internal overviews? i mean is i have small picture and i'll try to do 4 or 5 overview
> does it corrupt an image?

I more or less use the same command to create the overviews and I also
always use 2 - 16. And it works great for me and is very fast.

I am a bit clueless. The only thing I could do, is try your data and
see if I get any error in debug mode. Not sure if you can make a piece
available to reproduce the timeout?

Cheers,
Andrea