Re: [udig-devel] Feature editing workflow RFC

Thanks Levi; I will read it over right away (we also have a Skype meeting this evening and can cover it then).

Feedback:
- EditFeatureListenerCache - there is an eclipse provided listener list implementation that you can use here
- For each listener interface, please make an abstract abstract adaptor (i.e. implement all the methods to do no harm so people can override quickly). So it sounds like EditFeatureListenerImpl should be renamed to EditFeatureAdaptor
- you can handle dirty, visible, enabled, editable as Map<String,Boolean > with associated accessor methods: isVisible( attribute ) etc…
- EditFeatureListener is now more capable then a PropertyChangeListener would be so that idea can die.
- can we split the diagram into two:
a) FeatureInterceptor for feature create / active / inactive / delete
b) EditFeatureListener for all the events around "live" editing with a user interface
- you may (or may not) wish to add FeatureInterceptor notification for the "apply" and "cancel" transitions (i.e. persistence changes are often considered "lifecycle")

So with this in mind the earliest you can start committing is thursday (our usual three day rule).

--
Jody Garnett