Re: [udig-devel] ModalTool Change Listener

I've read my previous mail again and its slipshod, apoligies.

I want to catch whenever active modal tool changes , smth like

ApplicationGIS.getToolManager().addChangeListener(IToolChangeListener);
IToolChangeListener {
activeToolChanged(Event evt) ;
}

Looks like there is no implementation like this. so i tried to listen specific tools lifecycle ;

ApplicationGIS.getToolManager().findTool("......polygonEdit").addListener(new ToolLifecycleListener(){

					public void changed(ToolLifecycleEvent event) {
						// TODO Auto-generated method stub
						bla bla bla
					}
})

but changed method is not being called when edit tool activated or deactivated.

can you give me an advice plz :)

On Apr 16, 2012, at 4:22 PM, omur yavuz wrote:

> I ve got a problem with modal tools :). i want to listen modal tool selection change and activate my viewport based selection of the tool.  For example
> i ll make myviewpart only polygon tool and line tool selected .  i tried several methods to do ;
>
> 1)  Listening Balackboard : its working to listen edit state  , i can catch starting editing  but can't  handle  switching to another tool like zoom
> 2)  listening tool lifecycle :  added IToolLifecycleListener  ,  workbench didn't call change event after i clicked tool.
>
> can you give me an advice ?

Back to the top