[udig-devel] update on filter and expression viewer

I had a tour of Scott's initial implementations of filter and _expression_ viewer extension point.

Success:
- The interfaces are fairly well defined now and there are several working examples to start from
- I was able to make a "SpinnerExpressionViewer" - functionally identical to how moovida does his opacity controls

In progress:
- Need to get the extension point allowing the implementations to be discovered at runtime to turn over; I was unable to test during my quick tour
- I get a bit confused between "input" and "selection" when working on such a simple viewer

Opportunities:
- I am copying and pasting a lot of code between implementations; I would like to make an abstract class that can handle some of the common "book keeping" functions such as the "isRequired" flag and keeping the provided Schema
--
Jody Garnett

Back to the top