Re: [udig-devel] [udig-users] To know if a udig command is running...

Is there a way to know when a command (MapCommand which delete or create features from an edit Tool) is running?

There should be check the Map async and sync methods. My understanding is they form a queue of commands; which is run in a Job (when the map rendering thread is not busy).

a kind of command or job manager in udig ? because I have post processing (from user demand) which fail if a command has not finished..

We have a couple of examples like that where calling code waits for a result.

However could you consider making a compound command? It can gather up the map command you are sending out; followed by the command to start your post processing.

I will note for many common activities (such as adding a layer jesse  has created "interceptors") allowing you to register some hooks to be called after the command is completed - examples include creating layers, adding layers etc…

Thanks a lot for your feedback

What is the post processing you need to run?

Jody

Back to the top