Re: [udig-devel] layer styles

Try the style dialog (it allows you to assign an image to a point). And then look at the advanced xml page to review the resulting style data structure. You can create the same data structure using java code to get the same effect.

- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Feature+Style+Pages

There is some information on building the data structure, (or even parsing that xml) in the GeoTools user guide and GeoServer docs:
- http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/styling/sld-cookbook/points.html#point-as-graphic
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/07+Symbolizers
- http://docs.geotools.org/latest/tutorials/map/style.html

Moovida it would be great to improve the docs for your new style pages; or add a "task" illustrating how to answer Marco's question.
Cheers,

--
Jody Garnett