It is often a lot of trouble to configure mapserver wfs correctly; great work!

--
Jody Garnett

On Friday, 1 April 2011 at 4:10 PM, Joaquín Rodriguez-Guerra Urcelay wrote:

Hi Jody,

I built mapserver from the sources in the svn, where they have fixed the bug, and now these tools are working, at least using mapserver wfs 1.0.0 with layers getting data from postgres db ( not so lucky with mysql)

Joaquín

-----Mensaje original-----
De: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En nombre de Joaquín Rodriguez-Guerra Urcelay
Enviado el: miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2011 18:17
Para: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Asunto: Re: [udig-devel] Info, Select tools not working with mapserver wfs layers

Hi Jody,

Sorry for my English, I am not sure If I understood well your instrucctions...
I opened udig and I imported a datastore-> WFS Web Feature Server. Some new options were displayed (protocol, username, password, encoding...), the one that is closest to what I understood from you is LENIENT, which I set to true (default is false). I tried with dm solutions url: http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=getcapabilities
and I was able to see the list of layers (at the same time I had the exception below), but not to add them (second exception)

If you want me to try anything else please ask,

Thanks for your help!

// IMPORT WFS EXCEPTION

30-mar-2011 18:07:47 org.geotools.data.wfs.WFSDataStoreFactory determineCorrectStrategy
INFO: Using WFS Strategy: org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.DefaultWFSStrategy
DecribeFT URL for wfs:park: http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap?TYPENAME=wfs%3Apark&VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&NAMESPACE=xmlns%28wfs%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.opengis.net%2Fwfs%29

!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.project 1 0 2011-03-30 18:07:47.537
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Error parsing feature type for {http://www.opengis.net/wfs}park from http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap?TYPENAME=wfs%3Apark&VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&NAMESPACE=xmlns%28wfs%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.opengis.net%2Fwfs%29
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parse(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:258)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parseSimpleFeatureType(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:120)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parseSimpleFeatureType(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:89)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.getSchema(WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.java:211)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFSFeatureSource.<init>(WFSFeatureSource.java:67)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.getFeatureSource(WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.java:439)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.getFeatureSource(WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.java:102)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wfs.WFSGeoResourceInfo.<init>(WFSGeoResourceInfo.java:36)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wfs.WFSGeoResourceImpl.createInfo(WFSGeoResourceImpl.java:161)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wfs.WFSGeoResourceImpl.createInfo(WFSGeoResourceImpl.java:1)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.IGeoResource.getInfo(IGeoResource.java:215)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wfs.WFSGeoResourceImpl.getInfo(WFSGeoResourceImpl.java:153)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wfs.WFSGeoResourceImpl.getInfo(WFSGeoResourceImpl.java:1)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerResource.processResourceCachingStrategy(LayerResource.java:251)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerResource.resolve(LayerResource.java:142)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerResource.createInfo(LayerResource.java:331)
at net.refractions.udig.catalog.IGeoResource.getInfo(IGeoResource.java:215)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerImpl.getCRSInternal(LayerImpl.java:1908)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerImpl.getCRS(LayerImpll.java:1897)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayerImpl.getCRS(LayerImpl.java:1662)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.InitMapCRS.run(InitMapCRS.java:50)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayersList2.runNonDeprecatedInterceptors(LayersList2.java:200)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayersList2.runLayerInterceptor(LayersList2.java:187)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayersList2.runAddIntercceptors(LayersList2.java:174)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.LayersList2.inverseAdd(LayersList2.java:102)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:292)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.setValue(XMLHelperImpl.java:1179)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.setFeatureValue(XMLHandler.java:2658)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.setFeatureValue(XMLHandler.java:2648)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObjectFromFeatureType(XMLHandler.java:2167)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObject(XMLHandler.java:2035)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.createObject(XMIHandler.jjava:134)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.handleFeature(XMLHandler.java:1840)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:1023)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.processElement(XMIHandler.java:87)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler..java:1001)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:712)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.startElement(XMIHandler.java:169)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:181)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:180)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1494)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1282)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:255)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:270)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResoourceSetImpl.java:397)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.StartupOpenMaps.openLastOpenMaps(StartupOpenMaps.java:157)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.StartupOpenMaps.access$$1(StartupOpenMaps.java:140)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.StartupOpenMaps$2.run(StartupOpenMaps.java:127)
at net.refractions.udig.ui.PlatformGIS$3$2$1.run(PlatformGIS.java:383)
at net.refractions.udig.ui.PlatformGIS$1.call(PlatformGIS.java:105)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at org.geotools.gml2.bindings.GML2ParsingUtils.featureType(GML2ParsingUtils.java:202)
at org.geotools.gml3.bindings.GML3ParsingUtils.featureType(GML3ParsingUtils.java:76)
at org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.parsers.EmfAppSchemaParser.parse(EmfAppSchemaParser.java:226)
... 65 more

// ADD LAYER EXCEPTION

java.lang.NuullPointerException
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.RenderManagerAdapters.synchronizeRenderers(RenderManagerAdapters.java:327)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.RenderManagerAdapters.synchronizeAndRefresh(RenderManagerAdapters.java:281)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.RenderManagerAdapters.access$0(RenderManagerAdapters.java:280)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.RenderManagerAdapters$3.layerAdded(RenderManagerAdapters.java:161)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.ContextModelListenerAdapter.notifyChanged(ContextModelListenerAdapter.java:81)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.RenderManagerAdapters$3.notifyChanged(RenderManagerAdapters.java:142)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationImpl.dispatch(NotificationImpl.java:1033)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationImpl.dispatch(NotificationImpl.java:1038)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addAllUniquee(NotifyingListImpl.java:468)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.addAll(AbstractEList.java:410)
at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.commands.AddLayersCommand.run(AddLayersCommand.java:89)
at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager$Executor.execute(CommandManager.java:400)
at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager$Executor.run(CommandManager.java:325)
at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager$Executor.run(CommandManager.java:311)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Joaquín