Re: [udig-devel] branding update

Blah; we can talk to Jeff; but that is more than I can get done today.

They did have a graphics designer for their website; and we borrowed elements of that for the project (and the PSD file is in our code repository).  Like to make the welcome screen more consistent with the splash and about screen.

But yeah in so much as this is our project run by a PSC I believe we can update the branding to suite the times.

Jody

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I have been asked by LISAsoft to soften up the refractions branding on the workbook template; as we keep using them in training courses.
> I am not content to make the branding visually inconsistent; does anyone have suggestions on how to proceed.

This will take more than you might hope for. You sure remember my
quest about the package naming? Btw, all should remember that we have
a udig.eu domain.
Anyways, migrating the wiki or rebrand uDig might be another size of effort.
In my opinion we should not just take refractions branding and tweak
it to our needs. Either we change it or we leave it. If you need it
branded for Lisasoft, you always can do it. But I am not comfortable
with taking Refractions uDig splash and just remove their name. In the
end I am quite sure they paid (probably their own designer) for that
branding.
I wonder if a call for branding for the uDig project to the community
would produce something?

This should go through a more format process imho. I'm open to talk.

My 2c,
Andrea