Re: [udig-devel] About future udig plans, dependencies and distributed repositories

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:59 AM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi PSC, developers,
now that uDig 1.2.0 is officially out, we have some decisions to make.
After a good chat in IRC I propose some ideas, for which I obviously
already give my +1 vote.

1 - uDig trunk is now free again and it would be good to exploit the
moment to make it change to geotools 2.7. That would lead to the uDig
1.3 series being based on geotools 2.7.

 +1

2 - uDig 1.2.0 should be branched to give life to all the 1.2.x
series, which will still base on geotools 2.6

+1

3 - Last but not least we should finally move to the git repository.
The distributed versioning system will ease a lot the maintaining of
the versions and the backporting of new fixes to older versions in
order to keep them of the proper quality.

+1

FYI the git repository is always up-to-date.  I think I set it to update hourly from the SVN server.

http://github.com/udig/udig

Obviously we cannot commit to it until we agree not to use the SVN anymore but it is online and up-to-date.

Jesse

Back to the top