[udig-devel] SmartGit

Hi,

If you are interested in an easier way to get familiar and use Git.  I think I can now recommend SmartGit:

www.syntevo.com/smartgit/index.html

I have used it for a few days(I admit that is not too long).  But I am pretty happy with it.  It is a fairly nice Graphic UI.  Written in Java so it works well on Linux, Mac and Windows.  It does require that you have GIT installed already but that is pretty easy now on all platforms.

The main issue I have is that on windows you have to install a "preview" version of msysgit.  It is actually very stable and works well.  But it is disconcerting.  If you install it just do the default install and accept all the defaults.

Jesse

Back to the top