Re: [udig-devel] Open Editor weird behaviour

Hello,

found some time to look into this again. I generated an exception in the constructor of the map editor and the stack trace is below.

The weird thing is

!MESSAGE Unable to create editor ID net.refractions.udig.project.ui.mapEditor: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-arg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml.

This is, by the way, generated from the git repos and checked-out with egit. (Worked great!)

I wonder who and why is calling OpenProjectElementCommand.

Any hints welcome.

Cheers,

Ugo

!MESSAGE Unable to create editor ID net.refractions.udig.project.ui.mapEditor: T he editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-a
rg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml.
!STACK 0
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.MapEditor.<init>(MapEditor.j
ava:176)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createEx
ecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:170)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutable
Extension(ExtensionRegistry.java:874)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecuta
bleExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createE
xecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:26
7)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlug
in.java:263)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.EditorDescriptor.createEditor(Editor
Descriptor.java:235)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createPart(EditorManager.java:8
45)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorRefere
nce.java:606)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.ja
va:462)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartR
eference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.jav
a:286)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.makeActiveEditor(WorkbenchPage.
java:1264)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.updateActivePart(WorkbenchPage.
java:1222)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.partAdded(WorkbenchPage.java:16
98)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.j
ava:217)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.j
ava:778)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(Editor
Manager.java:677)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:6
38)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(Workbench
Page.java:2854)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.ja
va:2762)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(WorkbenchPage.java:27
54)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2705)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2
701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2
685)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.commands.OpenProjectElementCommand.op
enMap(OpenProjectElementCommand.java:81)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.commands.OpenProjectElementCommand.ac
cess$1(OpenProjectElementCommand.java:79)
at net.refractions.udig.project.ui.commands.OpenProjectElementCommand$1.
run(OpenProjectElementCommand.java:70)
        at net.refractions.udig.ui.PlatformGIS$2.run(PlatformGIS.java:270)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.ja
va:134)

Ugo Taddei wrote:
Hi Jody,

Jody Garnett wrote:
I do not know what would be causing that; care to throw a breakpoint in and check what is causing that with a the debugger?

I'd really like to, but this only happens when I run the generated product. It's probably to do with "create-map-opens-editor" logic. Looking up ApplicationGIS, as I remember seeing something along these lines.

Cheers,

Ugo

Jody