Re: [udig-devel] 1.2.0.qualifier

The manual PDE product/feature/plugin export (right click > Export...) will replace the version qualifier as well.
The version qualifier is good for milestone/integration builds where the version does not change, but you want to add a hint when that build was done. Though, this will lead to conflicts if the user merges bundles from different builds, since the qualifier is not part of the version in osgi.
The hint (version qualifier) can be anything else that might be useful/informative to the user, e.g. a check sum of the generated jar file.