[udig-devel] ServiceFactory clean up and testing

Afternoon:

I had a bit of a trouble writing a test case for GeoToolsDatastoreServiceExtension - as the ServiceFactoryImpl was processing the extension point for each call of createParams( url ) and createService( params )... creating an instance of each ServiceExtension each time!

I have processed the extension point into a cached Map<String, ServiceExtension> where the string is the supplying identifier; and reimplemented the rest of the class to call this. It should be faster; and it lets me write a test case that uses the same instance as maintained by the ServiceFactoryImpl.

Mark has reviewed; the commit is on trunk.

I also noticed that world+image and geotiff are not working right now; so chances are it is either this above change to ServiceFactory (perhaps an identifier was not supplied?) or last week's change to the file extension support.

Join me on IRC for feedback or to assist with debugging :-)

Jody

Back to the top