[udig-devel] Need advice with regards to a new plug-in

Hi All,

I am developing a plug-in tool to calculate the area between  points on a map for my school project,i took the reference from the distance tool already implemented in uDig and developed a program to calculate the area between the points marked on a map.

I have developed the facility to calculate the area inside of a polygon,but i am kind of stuck when i select the points to calculate the area and has to include the geographic location of water, i need some help as to how i can solve this problem

I have attached a screen shot of  shape file for hawai for reference.

Can someone please help me,suggest some ideas.

It would be really of great help.

Thanks

Unkown