Re: [udig-devel] German translations

> I'll try to respond inline because I am not a big fan of IRC in general, and definitely not at 4 o'clock in the morning. ;-)

I understand; I have been missing all my 2am osgeo meetings :-)

> Ah, don't get me wrong: The help contents is fine, its only the UI that is missing translations. And this one is lacking translations for the same reason as the Eclipse base, if I am not mistaken.

(whew!) So that is one less thing to do then; we should focus on
transitioning to babel.

> Imho it is perfectly usable. The only caveat is that it provides language packs for every language separately ... so there will be lots of fragments in the final product. But I don't think this matters.

The thing that got me when I tried last time was that the language
packs were massive; I wanted just the RCP base translated rather then
all of eclipse.

>> and could you provide us the list of fragments).
>
> It is attached as image (german_fragments_eclipse35.png). Sorry but I am not going to transcribe the names of 50+ fragments from the launch config.
>
> Note: I've checked only fragments for the org.eclipse.xxx namespace, I am not sure if fragments for its dependencies (e.g. org.apache.xxx) are needed. The UI looks fine without them.

That should be fine; the fragment presentation would be new since I
last looked at babel.

> I am indeed happy, but cannot speak for other languages than German of course. But looking on the translation progress for Spanish, Italian and Korean for the Eclipse core packages gives ~90% coverage as well. Should be fine.

Great; it will be good to drop our own "nl" fragment then.

Okay so I better sort out some tasks that are needed before release;
thanks very much for the testing and direction.

Jody

Back to the top