Da: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Per conto di andrea
antonello
Inviato: martedì 10 febbraio 2009 15.53
A: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Oggetto: Re: R: [udig-devel] Udig 1.1.1 problems to read sample value in
geotiff 16 bit

Hi Pasquale,
I don't have lots of time right now, but very quickly:

- in your getSample method did you check if the called method enters the
right type?
- did you check whether the geoRes you get as Gridcoverage2d is of type
rendered (for visualization) or geophisical view? I assume you will need the
geophisical one.

Does this help you a bit further?

Ciao
Andrea

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Pasquale Paola <pasquale.paola@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> This is my core code:
>                                ILayer layer = geoOpt.getLayer();
>                                GridCoverage2D geoRes = null;
>                                /*
>                                 * List<IGeoResource> bobobo =
> layer.getGeoResources(); for
>                                 * (IGeoResource item : bobobo) {
> GridCoverage geo =
>                                 * item.resolve(GridCoverage.class, new
> NullProgressMonitor());
>                                 * geoRes = (GridCoverage2D) geo;
> item.getInfo(new
>                                 * NullProgressMonitor());
>                                 *
>                                 * if (geoRes != null) break; }
>                                 */
>
>                                geoRes = (GridCoverage2D)
> layer.getGeoResource().resolve(
>                                                GridCoverage.class, new
> NullProgressMonitor());
>
>                                Raster raster =
> geoRes.getRenderedImage().getData();
>                                String sample =
> getSample(raster.getSample(i, j, z), dataSampleType);

> ------
>
> /*******/
> private static String getSample(Object sample, int type)
>        {
>                String result = "";
>                try
>                {
>                        switch (type)
>                        {
>                                case java.awt.image.DataBuffer.TYPE_BYTE:
>                                        result = ((Byte)
sample).toString();