Re: [udig-devel] Need something like a pop up on th map

>The selection tool has to be a mouse listener, else it wouldn't
>select, so you just do in the mouserelease method whatever needed to
>popup a dialog and fill it with the data of the feature.

Yes,

Using the mouse listener I can get the selected point

But

How can I get this popup dialog (if you can give what the class I must use?)

And after getting this I need to have some kind of a selection method in the dialog (list of check boxes?)

After that depending on the selection only the information has to be shown on the map

 Please note that I am really new to this uDig

Thank You

Sameera

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:09 AM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> my requirement
>
> I select a point on the map and some pop up or some thing has to come up
> asking for what have to be displayed
>
> Ex. roads, buildings, homes, etc
>
> user can select one or more
>
> after selecting by the user that the map has to display the information
> associated with that point
>
> I know how to create custom tool to select the point but what next?

That is also the more difficult part.
If you are able to select the point, you also are able to get the
selected feature.
The selection tool has to be a mouse listener, else it wouldn't
select, so you just do in the mouserelease method whatever needed to
popup a dialog and fill it with the data of the feature.

Does this sound ok to you?

andrea