Re: [udig-devel] Client Side WFS Feature Caching

Emily Gouge wrote:
> Hi Emily; I actually thing the SoC student did not complete the work.

Do you have any more details about 'not complete'?

How about not documented; and nobody has tried using it.
I can use it to cache things in udig without problems; however I don't know about cache cleaning policies and when the cache becomes invalid etc.
Fair enough; you are on a voyage of discovery.
Emily

Jody Garnett wrote:
Hi Emily; I actually thing the SoC student did not complete the work. I would go ahead and take over the geotools module and do the work there. If possible it would be nice to just focus on the production of a CachingFeatureSource on the GeoTools side.

Two ideas on what you could do with that:
- wrap the FeatureSource that your WFSGeoResource returns in a CachedFeatureSource. This is something you could do based on a connection parameter (the parameter would be ignored by the WFSDataStore; but noticed by the uDig implementation); or - make a separate GeoResource which is a friend of your WFSGeoResource but has better performance characteristics .... although I do not think our IGeoResourceInfo data structure has much information about latency etc..

Cheers,
Jody

Emily Gouge wrote:
All,

I'm looking for some advice on where to put some client side wfs caching code I'm working on developing.

At the moment I'm looking into using the gt-caching module for the client side caching; however this being an unsupported module I don't want any code in uDig to rely on this module. I've been doing my investigation work in a separate wfs-caching plugin (I copied the WFS server and georesource and made a new "wfs-c" server / georesource ). But I think others may eventually be interested in this work so I'm wondering where it should go in order to share it.

Thanks,
Emily