Re: [udig-devel] Filtering datas from a database

setFilter() is used to show a feedback on features that match the given filter (see the attached screenshot where the filter only match one of the three points)

getLayer().getStyleBlackboard().put(ProjectBlackboardConstants.LAYER__DATA_QUERY, filter); was what I were looking for, it "really" filters the features (others are graphically hidden)

Thanks for your help
:-)

Ugo Taddei a écrit :
oh, right. I knew I had seen this code somewhere in our app (we do data filtering like described by Jacques):

getLayer().getStyleBlackboard().put(ProjectBlackboardConstants.LAYER__DATA_QUERY, filter);

I thought it was layer.setFilter. So, what's setFilter for?

Ugo

Jesse Eichar wrote:
Hi,

We need to rename the packages from internal to something less frightening.  When it comes to net.refractions.udig.project the internal packages can be used but NOT the internal.impl packages.  The idea was to make people reluctant to use the internal classes because most of the things should be done with Commands not direct.  Commands allow roll-back.  Problem was that for setting up maps and so on it is annoying to do it through commands.

As for filtering features I would recommend trying to make use of the view work.  It has a couple bugs but in general works.  The way to do it is to put a Filter on the styleblackboard with the key:  net.refractions.udig.project.ProjectBlackboardConstants.ProjectBlackboardConstants.LAYER__DATA_QUERY

Jesse