Re: [udig-devel] Adding a sinlge WMS layer

Hello Jody,
thank you.

Jody Garnett-3 wrote:

> Hello ... trying to make sure I understand this request correctly ... if
> you drag and drop that url into udig it should do the right thing and
> add just a single layer.

You are right, I have created a webpage with a link to single wms Layer and
I'm able to drag & drop it in a map.

Jody Garnett-3 wrote:

> I expect when you say in the wizard that you need to browse the entire
> catalog you mean you have to browse through the entire set of WMS layers
> for your service?

I mean exactly this.

Jody Garnett-3 wrote:

> Two things:
> a) we can probably add a search / filter field to the page that lets you
> choose a layer
> b) once your service is added to the local catalog you can quickly
> search for the layer you want using the search view

Both are really interesting, and I have just tested the first. Thank you.

As you can add a single file using wizard, what do you think to add the
option in the wizard to "Add a WMS Layer"?
Moreover I will find useful to have the possibility to drag & drop a web
shortcut WMS layer URL from a filesystem folder to a map. In this way I will
have a folder with all the layers of my work project. I'm attaching a
screenshot:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21088531/drag%2526dropWms.png

Best regards,

-----