[udig-devel] Any way to conditionally show an IOp menu entry?

In my application I have some IOps for Layers I want to be available only to
administrative users.

Login is handled in my override of UDIGApplication.checkLogin(), so I don't
know if the user is an administrator until after this happens.

The IOps are defined in plugin.xml as extensions to
net.refractions.udig.ui.operation.  Right now, I'm just checking for user
level in op() and displaying a message if the user doesn't pass muster.
However, it would be better if I could make the operation disappear from the
menu altogether (or at least gray out) based on a condition.

Is there a way to do this programmatically?
Stephen Kilburn, GeoPraxis Inc.

Back to the top