[udig-devel] wms BoundingBox question

Hello.

I am working on a OpenMap based WMS server with uDig as the client. Over a period of time, I have added some new SRSs to the Capabilities for UTMs in different datums and so on. It has worked very well.

This time, I added EPSG:3301. The strange thing is that uDig display the orange warning sign when I switch to EPSG:3301 in uDig and the error message is something like "could not render". The even stranger thing is that uDig never tried to issue a GetMap to the server.

The solution was to add a BoundingBox to the Capabilities like "<BoundingBox SRS="EPSG:3301" maxx="800000" maxy="6.7e+06" minx="300000" miny="6.3e+06"/>"

Why did uDig need that? I have not added such BoundingBoxs for any other SRS that I have added. I have not found a reference in the wms standard requiring this BoundingBox. What SRSs need such a BoundingBox?

Regards,
 - Tore.

Back to the top