[udig-devel] Improving imageio-ext support

Ciao guys,
I have done some commits on udig-trunk, hoping to not break anything.
Feel free to check/refactor/improve(/remove) them

Specifically:
-slightly improved grid renderer
-improved imageio-ext plugin
----now handle ECW, MrSID, DTED, NITF, Erdas IMAGE
----disable the plugin when GDAL is not around
----using direct imageio read calls instead of JAI

Some thoughts:
1> it would nice to have a mean to actually set the read-parameters
for the single dataset as we add them to the catalog in order to
control tiling and the like
2> it would be nice to have a mean to control hints for the basic grid renderer
3> it would be nice to have a mean to control the TileCache as we used
it for rendering
Ideas, advice are more than welcome :-).

Ciao,
Simone.
Eng. Simone Giannecchini
President /CEO GeoSolutions S.A.S.