[udig-devel] Single UDig Layer with Multipe WMS Layers

Hi,

Is it possible to fetch multiple WMS layers merged into a single IGeoResource?

I have UDig connected to a WMS server on Geotools.  I construct my layers by first adding the WMS server to the catalog and then using ICatalog.getById() to retrieve layers from the WMS server.  This works well for adding IGeoResources to my map one at a time.  I would like to fetch multiple layers in a single request so that Geoserver can do all of the work involved in merging multiple WMS images into a single image.  For example, with openMap I can use http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?&request=GetMap&layers=tiger:poly_landmarks,tiger:tiger_roads to retrieve multiple layers with a single request, so that openMap only receives a single image representing both layers; all of the calculations involving features and combining the two layers into a single image are performed by the non-client computer hosting Geoserver.  I would like to do something similar with UDig while interacting with the catalog containing my WMS.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Back to the top