Re: [udig-devel] datastore cache

Jody Garnett ha scritto:
I have been asked by a commercial customer to add a "cache" around a slowly performing layer (arcsdedatastore). As such I am going to make a design over the next couple of days and ask for a pretty serious review.

A cache at the Datastore / FeatureStore level lives and dies by its events; as such I probably can only get this one to work for arcsde datastore (and any other data store that we care to "fix" the events for). My first thought is to do a CachedFeatureStore implementation in the geotools project (rather than just in uDig) so at the very least datastore developers can watch their code fail to work :-)

Does anyone else have thoughts, suggestions on this one.

Oh right, and the old wiki page I wrote on the topic may provide
some inspiratin:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Datastore+caching

Cheers
Andrea