Re: [udig-devel] SDK Problems

Kempenaers Stephen wrote:

I have now followed the SDK quickstart as explained on "_http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/1+SDK+Quickstart_";.

I managed to get it up an running from within the Eclipse SDK :-) but I cannot render a WMS layer, I keep on getting the error that JAI cannot be found.

Thinking .... we have a directory of working JRE folders here:
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/jre/

Did you download?
- http://udig.refractions.net/files/downloads/jre/jre1.5.0_02.win32.zip

You need to extract this zip file and place it in your eclipse directory; and then confirm that it is the Target JRE when you are running uDig.

When I look with processExplorer, I can see that the process javaw is the jre that is the one patched with the jai libs in the ext dir, so it should find them ..

Even my eclipse is running on that same JRE with jai, I have no other JRE defines in my eclipse preferences. Probably I'm doing something completely wrong, but I have not have a clue what ;-)

Oh wait when you run you need to tell the application to notice the "boot classpath" (ie the stuff in the ext dir) with the following command line parameter:
VM Arguments: -Dosgi.parentClassloader=ext

2. When I select a jpg which has a jpgw next to it it does not load it ….
The error is shown in the resource selection panel: "Unable to recognize service, please choose another" ...

FYI:
I'm using "udig-1.1-RC14-sdk"

Good to know, can you check your run configuration and get back to me, I will jump on the #udig IRC channel as well.
Jody

Back to the top