Re: [udig-devel] Re: [udig-users] uDig 1.1 RC14 available FOR TESTING

> With the new way of working with the SDK - i.e. you ADD it into your
> existing target platform - is it even necessary to include all the
> plugins that are part of the RCP base in the uDig SDK? I noticed there
> are a lot of duplications in the plugins because they are in the
> standard RCP platform and the uDig SDK too.

I don't think it is a great idea to have an sdk to be added to your
target platform, I prefer the version that IS the target platform. If
the versions are not exactly in sync, there are huge maintenance
nightmares. This is the reason I stopped exporting from the svn
version of udig. I was using my own eclipse version and keeping it
always uptodate and there has been lots of big spaghetti incidents.
Beginning users will experience troubles.

I think the sdk should have a ruling version of the used libraries. We
of JGrass already have some extra eclipse plugins we need because of
the console stuff and I have to be very carefull in keeping everything
in sync.

What do you think?

Ciao
Andrea