Re: [udig-devel] How to update update site?

Jesse Eichar wrote:
I think I have an idea. I want to change udig.refractions.net/update to be the root of all the update sites. So community will be:

udig.refractions.net/update/community

and the udig update site will be
udig.refractions.net/update/udig

Each update site is the complete project so if you download the directory you will have the complete project and can therefore (hopefully) update your feature to a new version build just that feature bundle up the project again and upload it (or get someone with access to upload it).

To make it easier I think we should leave the zip file of the update site folder in udig.refractions.net/update. Try it out I have the community folder and zip file there now.

Eventually we'll need to have a place that is easier to provide access to because I think only refractions people can upload to this site. I'm working on getting a webdav folder there.

Comments?
A lot of what you said makes sense; can you make a page (in the ADMIN) space outlining exactly what you want us to do? I think I got it but I am not sure and I would hate to mess it up.

1. download the zip file from udig.refractions.net/update/community.zip
2. extract it on your machine to folder C:\SITE
3. export your site; using the C:\SITE as the target
4. zip up the result as community.zip
5. upload community.zip
6. copy the modifed files from C:\SITE to udig.refractions.net/update/community

Or if you had access:
4. copy the modified files to udig.refractions.net/update/community
5. login to udig.refractions.net
6. make a new community.zip

One suggestion would be to use our confluence space for this work:
- use their confluence for community module
- use their svn space for the community site definition (so we can use svn rather than a zip file)
- use their deploy space for the community site

On a related note we need developers to actually join the uDig confluence project in order to be assigned jira issues these days.
Jody

Back to the top