Re: [udig-devel] Re: udig-devel Digest, Vol 45, Issue 23

Baroudi Malek wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to add GPS NMEA reader plugin to Udig.
Cool.
I would to develop a new plugins ("Udigtrans") under udig, allows to easily convert geographic coordinates among a wide variety of coordinate systems, map projections, and datums.
I thought we had a bunch of this stuff? Both via a the existing geotools referencing module; and via a warp tool done for last years summer of code.
To convert a set of coordinates, on selecting the coordinate system or map projection, and the datum, in which my coordinates are defined,I maybe enter the source coordinates, select the coordinate system or map projection, and the datum, to which I want the coordinates to be converted and clicking in order to Converting.

I may be change any of the coordinate system, map projection, or datum selections at any time. Currently, twenty-five different coordinate systems, map projections, grids, and coding schemes, and over two hundred different datums, maybe supported.
Cool; can you confirm that this functionality is not already provided as shown here: - http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Changing+the+projection+of+a+shapefile

You can use the Custom CRS to do some of this stuff in an ad hoc manner. That said a proper data entry field for these values would be great.
This is my proposition,what do you think?
I am not sure I understand it yet :-) Perhaps I am not familiar with GPS stuff enough. In general uDig is open for additional contributions; we can set you up with svn access and all that. There is a community section; and you can have your plugins published for others to access from the help menu (we only get more strict with QA checks if you submit your code for inclusion in uDig directly).

Jody

Back to the top