[udig-devel] New IService?

In a plugin I'm writing, I have a set of standard shapefiles. The location of these files can change (the user has to set some preferences to tell the plugin where to look) but the set of files is fixed by the plugin - the list may change with future plugin versions. These files will be used by an "Add standard layers to map..." type command, but I'd like also to put them in the catalog for searching and selection - without adding the full path to the individual shapefiles (it might keep changing).

Making any sense?

Anyway, looking through the wiki my first idea was to create a new IService. This could find the folder location from preferences and hard-code the list of filenames. Then it should be able to return a list of the actual shapefiles. Does this look like the right way to go?

If it is - I have some questions...

- Is there an easy way to wrap a shapefile as an IGeoResource to return from the IService?
- How do I make this IService available to the local catalog?

Thanks for any help.

Back to the top