[udig-devel] Moving AdaptingFilter to core project

I am moving IAdaptingFilter to the core project: - available in:
net.refractions.udig.core.filter package.

Please not that this class no longer supports a constructor; you will need to use:
- AdaptingFilterFactory.createAdaptingFilter( filter );
- AdaptingFilterFactory.createAdaptingFilter( filter, source );

The actual implementations are hidden away in an internal package.

I am also rounding out a couple more wrappers from the catalog project (where they were lost from view inside GeoToolsAdapters):
- net.refractions.udig.core.opengis.ProgressListenerAdapter
- net.refractions.udig.core.opengis.IProgressMonitor

These classes can be used to track (and interrupt) progress when making use of functionality in GeoTools. When we port the fork of JTS BufferOp to
GeoTools we will be making use of these interfaces.

Jody

Jody Garnett wrote:
I have caught a couple of projects making use of IAdaptableFilter; in most cases I have been able to check to see if the filter in the structured selection is an instanceof IAdaptable and work from there.

The table view wants to set the selection itself; ie create a IAdaptableFilter ...

For a while I heard talk of a new selection system in uDig 1.1.x that was not quite hooked up yet; can anyone point me in the correct direction to hind these kind of details? I don't want to duplicate work if I can avoid it.

Jody