Re: [udig-devel] Problem rendering a GeoTiff

Hi Jesse

Jesse Eichar <jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:09:28 -0800
From: Jesse Eichar <jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Problem rendering a GeoTiff
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
	<udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

How large is the GeoTiff.

183M including overviews.

uDig 1.1.x loads all rasters into memory and a while this is very fast larger images cause out of memory exceptions. You can try out our developer preview of trunk to see if that can render it. If it can then image size is the problem. If not then it is a bug with the Geotools image plugin.

Here's a link to the Developer preview:
http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/ECWDemo.win32.win32.x86.zip

Jesse

I have just noticed a few things, after responding to Jody.

1. The forward slash prefix also appears in the path to a shape file and that renders fine. 2. I have tried different zoom levels and managed to get a picture on the screen for a few scales. Larger scales seem to work, but smaller scales do not. 3. I have tried with the raster on a Windows share and on the local drive and the behaviour is the same. 4. I wonder if the Geotools image plugin is having difficulty with the overviews? I have seen similar behaviour on Geoserver 1.5.3, where this particular raster was included with several others in a mosaic. 5. I tried the Developer preview, as suggested. uDig complained that JAI is not installed and when I tried to load the image I received the error: Unable to recognise service, choose another.

Thanks (Jody and Jesse) for the help.

Craig Leat.

Back to the top