Re: [udig-devel] UDig with SQL Server

Up until very recently there has been not much point; I understand that SQL Server has recently aquired some spatial mojo? Like with indexing and so on?

I would start by heading over to the geotools project and talk about making an SQLServer "DataStore" - where DataStore is the API we use to talk to databases. On the bright side doing the work there means that SQL Server can be used in a range of open source projects - including uDig.

Cheers,
Jody
Can anyone give us an idea of how UDig can be integrated with SQL Server?

We are aware that UDig can operate with ArcSDE.  And we are aware that SQL
Server geographical extensions exist.
Does anyone have this working and what is the best approach?

Regards,

Leigh Fitzgibbon
Eurobios Australia
Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.0/1137 - Release Date: 18/11/2007
5:15 PM