Re: [udig-devel] Embedding udig

You should just be able to drop uDig into your RCP application; I am spending some time sorting out the menu contributions and so on so that will be easy (right now uDig expects you to have a few set menus in your host RCP application so it
can contribute a "Navigate" menu and a "Layer" menu etc...).

You can also choose how much of uDig you want to drop into your RCP app; if you just want geotools and the udig catalog to manage your connections you can get by with the "GISPlatform" plugins; if you want a MapEditor you will need the "GISApplication" plugins.

The uDig application is divided up into features so you can compose your RCP application out of the parts you need.
Jody
Hi Jesse,

I would like to know how i can embed udig maybe similar to nasa world
wind. Which parts do i have to keep, which parts can i skip and which do
i have do modify?

I would like to integrate udig in an RCP application.

Another way would be to use just geotools alone but then i will loose
the work already done in udig.

Cheers
Carsten