[udig-devel] Snap To Grid: apparently only works with pixels

I'm trying to draw with grid snapping on.  When I set the grid to 5 seconds I
get an error on the grid layer saying: "The current grid setting is too
close to draw at this scale" and the vertex does not snap to the grid.
Using other values up to a full degree has the same results.

But if I try to use pixels, it works fine.

Is there any way to have a geo-coordinate grid that works for snapping?  Or
should this work fine and I'm making yet another noob mistake?!

   -- Owen