Re: [udig-devel] uDIG/GeoTools data

I think Andrea summed it up perfectly...

As a GeoTools developer I would love to have you try and use MySQL (the QA and improvements are much needed). But in terms of your project being a success MySQL is just not the way to go. This is totally aside from the MySQL/Postgres fanboy debates; MySQL has added the spatial data types have been added but the "oomph" to make it a serious solution just is not there.

Let us know if you go to the MySQL root so we can be sure you have svn access, there is a datastore/featuresource available but you would be the first person to consider using it in a couple of years.

Cheers,
Jody
We're just about to start development of an RCP application which will use uDIG. The main data store for the application is likely to be MySql and it'd be really handy to be able to include the GIS data in the database along with the normal data using MySql's spatial extensions.

So, has anyone had any experiences with MySql's spatial extensions (i.e. good/bad?) and does anyone know if there is a datastore/featuresource available?

Dave S-B