[udig-devel] Re: developer needed

I've built an application that is able to show GPS data within uDig.
Importing GPS data isn't really an issue as it's a simple coordinate
transformation and you've got it.  The trouble is more with the device.
You'll probably want to standardize on the NMEA protocol, but getting NMEA
from Garmin devices isn't as easy as it should be.

"Brian Haymart" <keelyb1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:604730.31130.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
Hello,
I hope this is OK to post here.
My business partners and I are looking to have a
desktop mapping application developed.  We want to be
able to distribute the application for a fee.  This
will not be marketed as a GIS application but will be
bundled with shapefiles and marketed as a map system.
The end users will not have the need to create
projects, edit colors,etc, but simply view and query
shapefiles pertaining to a particular hobby.  We are
also interested in being able import/export
information with commercial GPS units like Garmin and
have the ability to view/navigate ESRI TINs (or
another 3D file that can be derived from TINs).

I have a certificate in GIS but do not have
programming knowledge.

Please reply if you would like to hear more.

Thanks,
Brian Haymart